The positive response of students to my teaching is one confirmation to me
that God has called me to the teaching ministry. Although they state that my
courses are challenging, they learn and come back after graduation and thank
me for the impact on their lives and ministry.
8. I learned so much during the discussions and lectures—so rich
with information and knowledge and insights!
9. Judy is a perfect example of what a teacher should be like. I
commend her for her excellence, true dedication to her students, and her
genuine care for us!
10. Overall, still one of the biggest impacts on my life. Thanks!!!
11. Judy has such insight and wisdom, yet she always gives God all
the glory. God has used Judy in a wonderful way in my life—much healing has
taken place. Judy has helped me tremendously in disciplining myself to study
God’s Word. It has been such a blessing that I will continue.
12. I really enjoyed the enthusiasm Judy has when she teaches her
classes. She expresses well her belief in what she teaches. Judy is always
well prepared when questions come up. And I am amazed by all her
knowledge—her classes have enriched my life!
13. As a teacher, I don’t think Judy has any weak points.
14. Judy encourages you to live and be the best for Jesus that you
15. She accepted varying views on doctrine very well.
16. Awesome course [Hebrews] and instructor.
17. Judy has a sincere desire for all to learn and to expound her
knowledge to others. I have grown to appreciate her even more in this past
18. Awesome—best class ever—learned the most. This class [Old
Testament Prophets] eternally impacted my life—Thanks.
19. Judy is concerned with each student and her focus is for the
eternal value of all. Judy has a clear understanding of the Word.
20. This course [Old Testament Prophets] makes you learn or else. I
was pleased to have Judy as an instructor. I will never forget her. She knows
what she is talking about. I wouldn’t change a thing.
21. It changed my life—getting to know God more deeply, more
thoroughly. She knows her God and His Word—she imparts it well.
22. Judy’s strong points are her walk with God and laughter.
23. She has totally changed my life; how I pray; how I respond to
trials; my love for God. The tests can be tough, but we learn! Judy has
brought the Old Testament alive to me! She’s planted in me an excitement and
desire to study deeper.
24. It was an awesome class [Old Testament Poetry] that made me grow
closer to God.
25. Judy is strong in her understanding of the subject and has a
deep sincere love for our class and us.
26. I have grown in the knowledge and understanding of who God is.
My life is changed irreversibly.
27. The information was never dull or dry! always tantalizing. One
of the better organized teachers I’ve ever had. I remember her using
statements for the practical nature more than just to be talking.
28. Strong voice, very clear, motivator.
29. Loved this class [God the Father] very much; have a better
understanding of God, His plans and purposes.
30. For me personally, this course [Theology and Doctrine] has been
an "eye-opener!" After twenty years as a believer, I found that I
"knew" most of the material ONLY on the surface level. "I’ve
been drinking milk way too long!" This course offered me the chance to
"really bite down on some meat." There should be a way to request
believers to go through a course like this after every five or ten years.
Imagine the revival that would take place!!
31. I have the opportunity to learn so much. And the good part about
it is that when I’m studying and doing assignments, I feel like I’m having
devotions and the Holy Spirit is right with me.
32. Your teachings are so rich.
33. Thanks for a couple of great classes this semester. Although
your classes typically have a lot of work, I am blessed by what I come away
with learning. Thanks for being diligent to God’s calling.
34. I really enjoyed your classes. Thank you so much for your
teaching. I learned a lot.
35. You have walked me through a lot of my learning. I am grateful
to have such a woman of God playing a key role in my development.
36. It has been a rare opportunity to be almost tutored by such an
excellent teacher who cares so much about each of us personally.
37. You have blessed and touched many, many students. You have
taught me so much, Judy, and you always add so much more to your classes than
what is required. I’ll always cherish what I have learned in the New
Testament, Old Testament, Systematic Theology, Paul and Spiritual Formation.
Thank you for making everything so much clearer to me.
38. No teacher is like you. I miss your style, your teaching
personality, and all that you add into your classes. There are so many things
that you have taught me that have really stuck with me. Your teaching and the
things you say never go unnoticed and are never forgotten by me and I’m sure
others. You have truly touched many people.
39. Judy has been an encouragement to me throughout all of her
classes. She is enthusiastic when she speaks and really wants to share all
that she can with us. She loves the Lord and God’s love reflects in and
through her. She certainly goes the extra mile in each class because she
loves us and wants the best for us.
40. Great teacher!
41. Great course [God the Father]. While participating in this
course I grew very much in the faith and understanding of God.
42. This is the first time in college that I have been
43. Thank you so much for all your encouragement. God used you in my
life, and I know he has used you in the lives of many. Keep up the good work
for the Lord.
44. This has been a fun class [Pentateuch].
45. I have appreciated your encouragement throughout the semester.
You have been a blessing to me.
46. Thank you for the encouraging words. I really appreciate them. I
have enjoyed our class together.
47. I really feel like I am learning a lot in your class. You are
48. I learned a lot in your class this semester. You are a wonderful
49. I have enjoyed your class. You are very organized and you have
made it very easy and enjoyable for me this semester.
50. This class [Spiritual Growth] has helped me through some very
difficult times over the last couple of months. Through the homework and
exercises, I have been able to keep my focus in the right place and by doing
so have been strengthened, immeasurably enriched, and received direction. The
Lord impressed upon me that I still have a lot to learn and need to be more
diligent about reading His Word and praying. Your class is nurturing this so
much in my life.
51. I have to tell you that I’ve never seen an instructor as
knowledgeable about their subject as you are.
52. I thoroughly enjoyed this class, Judy [Spiritual Growth]. I
learned so much. The important thing that has changed my life in this class
is how to focus truly on God, how to pray by first starting to praise Him and
focus on Him. I never dwelt on what praise actually is, which simply is
communicating back to Him all His qualities and what we see favorably in Him.
That in itself has opened my eyes and made me more aware of how to praise Him
and being more aware of His presence. Praise and worship have really taken on
new meaning for me as has reading God’s Word. Now I ask, what did I get out
of it, what does God want to teach me, and how does it apply to me today. Now
when I read, I sort of take it with me all day and meditate on it. Thank you
so much for teaching this class. It took the focus off of me and on God.
Thanks again for sharing your love for the Lord with us and sharing all that
you can about Him to us.
53. Thank you for such a wonderful learning experience. I have truly
enjoyed every moment of both your Old and New Testament classes.
54. In the Spiritual Growth class, I have been becoming more and
more God-centered rather than self-centered and have been freer to become
effective in service for the glory of God and for the benefit of others.
Being in God’s presence and worshipping Him is becoming a lifestyle for me.
55. I just want to encourage you by saying that I am learning quite
a bit [Spiritual Growth]. Praising the Lord and exalting Him is becoming an
everyday thing for me.
56. No class or course has ever given me as much in the way of
personal growth and satisfaction as has this Old Testament study. Because of
this whole school experience, I have sought and received the Spirit baptism,
and I’m closer to the Lord than ever before. Specifically because of the Old
Testament series, I have become more aware of my responsibility before God
and, more specifically, this semester I have become more aware of my
responsibility to others.
57. For five semesters now Judy has been mentor and friend to me,
accepting my weaknesses but encouraging my strengths, while all the time
demanding my best.
58. I’ve never left her class "hungry."
59. Judy is an extraordinary teacher. Teaching is her greatest gift,
and the work of the Holy Spirit is clearly evident in every course, every
lecture, and every word of instruction she gives.
60. In grading papers, Judy can be so very critical and so very kind
at the same time. The result is greater effort with less fear next time on
the part of the student.
61. You have taught me and given me so much insight into the things
of God and His Word that I can’t thank you enough. From one end of the Bible
to the other, you have enlightened me and created a hunger to learn more
about the things of God. You have raised my confidence in my God and myself
in your encouragement and directing my life while in your classes by the
example of your life of dedication to God and His Word, by the knowledge and
wisdom that you have shared with me, by your stern but fair evaluation of my
work, and by the graciousness that you bring with you into the class.
62. From this course, I found a renewed appreciation and
understanding of the ways of God in dealing with humanity on personal and
corporate or national levels. Upon gaining a more intimate knowledge of the
lives of the prophets, i.e., the depth of their conviction in the fact of
frequent and relentless ignorance and opposition, and their resolves to obey
and make known the ways of God, I personally, came away with a renewed
spiritual impetus to follow more closely, listen more carefully, study more
intently, and seek Him with a more confident tenacity. Because of the content
of this study and its emphasis on judgment and correction, as well as its
instructor (you know who you are, Judy!), I feel like I now have a more
balanced view of God’s judgments and mercies, i.e., his righteous
requirements and his long-suffering patience, his absolute holiness, and his
grace to redeem fallen man. I must say, Judy, that in spite of your lack of
specific knowledge in a few instances (then again I can ask some rather obtuse
questions sometimes!), I keenly appreciate your attention to answer questions
specifically and to the point. I have found that to be a rare quality.
Furthermore, I honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard a teacher that better
balances between disseminating the base academic content of biblical
literature without losing sight of an awareness of the spiritual nature and
function of the work you’re performing. I must say, Judy, that I was
specifically and personally ministered to in a number of classes, and I felt
the anointing on your teaching and deeply appreciate it.
63. Through your courses, I am getting to know my God in a deeper
way, having the joy of my salvation restored, and my spirit renewed. The
fervency that I felt as a young believer is a part of my life once again.
64. When I attended the first night and reviewed the syllabus and
saw all that was required, I thought to myself, "you’ve really done a
stupid thing this time." No way was I going to be able to keep up in the
class, and I was sure I would be dropping out. But something happened once
the instruction began; there was such a conviction that came over me, that
the only way I can put it into words is to say that I fell completely in love
with the class, the study, the assignments, and most of all, God’s Word. I
couldn’t wait to get to class; many times I would be in class an hour before
starting time. As I thirsted after God and his desire for my life, I found
myself being refreshed each Tuesday night while drinking in knowledge from
Judy’s messages. Thank you, Judy Phillips. You are a woman whose voice speaks
truth, whose eyes shine brightly, and whose person reflects Jesus. My only
regret is that the class has come to an end. But Glory to God, there is still
more to learn.
65. This class has broken down complex concepts into bite-size
pieces. Now I feel challenged to read and study the Old Testament instead of
being overwhelmed! Most importantly, I feel that God has opened my eyes up to
Scriptures which will change my life. The foundation being built during this
class is very strong, and I feel that the Lord is strengthening my concept of
Him and the Christian walk. Thank you for your teaching style, Judy. I
appreciate your ability to make mind-boggling statements understandable! The
facts you present are clear and concise. Thank you for "walking us
through" these ideas.
66. I appreciate that you try to get many points and ideas grounded
into our heads, so we will know them for the ministry. The Old Testament has
so much to say about ministry, how to do it, and how not to do it. I’ve
learned a lot in your classes because you portray the Scriptures and make
them all come alive in the culture and customs, thought, literature, and mind
set of the writers and peoples of the time. Thanks a lot for your dedication.
67. The teaching style allowed for a little bit of class
participation, yet still covered a lot of information. The information
incorporated some popular theological differences, stimulating thought on our
part. Even with other views of the Bible and some views that Judy had on the
subject, Judy always separated what is known or commonly believed from what
68. Old Testament Prophets has been a great class. There is just so
much material that it has inspired me to dig into the Old Testament. I really
like the way that Judy presents God in the Old Testament. Not just facts, but
you can see the face of God. Judy, I want to thank you for your love for God
and your concern for each individual student that you teach. You are truly a
blessing and woman of God.